Antigua & Barbuda
Citizenship Program & Benefits
The Citizenship by Investment Program (CIP) was established following parliamentary assent to the Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment Regulations of 2014.
The Regulations regarding Citizenship by Investment in Antigua and Barbuda are part of Section 6 of the Citizenship by Investment Act of 2014. This act allows the government of Antigua and Barbuda to grant citizenship to persons who qualify under the criteria set by parliamentary decision.
Citizenship is granted to qualified applicants within 4 to 5 months with no residency requirements. Once the applicant is granted citizenship, he/she becomes a citizen for life.
After becoming a citizen of Antigua and Barbuda, the applicants must visit the country for a period of 5 days at any time during the first 5 years of citizenship.
To qualify for citizenship, applicants need to undergo a strict due diligence process, in addition to making a contribution via one of the two following channels:
- Non-refundable contribution to the National Development Fund (NDF)
- Purchase of real estate in a government approved project AND payment of applicable government fees
- Visa-free travel to 133 countries, including Schengen and UK
- 4 to 5 months to acquire citizenship and passport
- No residency requirement or interview to acquire citizenship, but a 5-day visit must be completed within the first 5 years of citizenship
- Citizenship is granted for life and is irrevocable
- No tax obligation for non-residents
- Dual citizenship is allowed in Antigua & Barbuda