Citizenship Program & Benefits
Cypriot citizenship can be acquired by foreign investors via the “Scheme for Naturalization of Non-Cypriot Investors by Exception”. This scheme is based on subsection (2) of section 111A of the Civil Registry Laws of 2002-2015.
The law allows investors, their spouses, and dependent children up to 28 years of age to acquire citizenship under one single investment. Dependent parents of the primary applicant can also be included in the same application for an additional investment.
Qualified investors will be able to acquire citizenship within 6 months with no residency requirements.
To qualify for citizenship, an applicant must hold a permanent privately owned residence in Cyprus worth at least €500,000 and invest €2,000,000 (held for 3 years) in one of the following:
- Real estate, land development, or infrastructure projects (Note: If the investor chooses to buy a residential property, the same property of at least 2 million Euros will be considered as an investment and a permanent residence. i.e. total investment will only be 2 million Euros (excluding VAT))
- Cypriot companies or businesses (restrictions apply)
- Alternative Investment Funds (AIFs), such as stocks and bonds, in regulated Cypriot companies (restrictions apply)
- Combination of any of the above investments (restrictions apply)
- European citizenship and passport in about 6 months
- No residency requirement or interview to acquire citizenship
- Visa-Free travel to more than 160 countries and territories, including Schengen, UK, and Canada
- Right to live, work, and study anywhere in Europe
- Dependent children up to 28 years old can be part of the same application
- Citizenship is granted for life and is irrevocable
- No tax on foreign income for non-residents
- Dual citizenship is allowed in Cyprus