Residency Program & Benefits
Greece’s residence by investment program, known as the ‘Greek Golden Visa’ was set forth in Law 4146/2013.
The law states that third country nationals who invest the requisite amount in real estate property/ies in Greece either personally or through a legal entity whose shares belong to them in its entirety can apply for a Greek Permanent Residence Permit ‘Golden Visa’.
Residence permits are issued within 2 – 3 months for the investor and his/her family. Permits are valid for 5 years and can be renewed indefinitely as long as the investment hasn’t been liquidated.
Holders of a permanent residence permit can apply for citizenship after 7 years of legal residence in Greece.
- Ability to reside in Greece without restrictions
- Travel visa-free to any of the 26 countries in the Schengen Area
- No language requirements
- No residency requirement or interview to get the permanent residence permit
- No tax obligation for non-residents
- Dual citizenship is allowed in Greece
- Dependent children up to the age of 21 can be part of the same application