Residency Program & Benefits
Portugal first introduced the legal framework for its residency by investment program, known as the Golden Visa, by amending Act number 23/2007 of July 4, 2012.
The amendment to Portugal’s residency regulations set the criteria for granting residency permits to third country nationals through foreign investments.
Qualified applicants may obtain residency permits for themselves, their spouses, dependent children, and parents. Applicants receive their residency permits within 2 months of making an investment and submitting an application.
The residency permit holder can apply for naturalization after 6 years of legal residency in Portugal.
- European residency in 2 months
- Visa-free access to all European Schengen countries
- Right to live, work, and study in Portugal
- Dependent children and parents can be included in the same application
- Citizenship available after 6 years
- No tax on foreign income for non-residents
- Dual citizenship is allowed in Portugal