Citizenship Program & Benefits
Dominica’s citizenship by investment program was established in 1993 to help the country strengthen its economy. It has allowed the government to increase its direct investments in areas such as healthcare, education, agriculture, and infrastructure.
The Citizenship by Investment Program is set out in the regulations published pursuant to Section 101 of the Constitution and Sections 8 and 20 (1) of the Citizenship Act.
Citizenship is granted to qualified applicants within 4 to 5 months with no residency requirements. Once the applicant is granted citizenship, S/he becomes a citizen for life.
To qualify for citizenship, applicants need to undergo a strict due diligence process. In addition, they must make a contribution via one of the following channels:
- Non-refundable contribution to the Government Fund
- Purchase of real estate in a government approved project AND payment of applicable Government Fees
- Visa-Free travel to 119 countries, including Schengen and UK
- 4 to 5 months to acquire citizenship and passport
- No residency requirement or interview
- Citizenship is granted for life and is irrevocable
- No tax obligation for non-residents
- Dual citizenship is allowed in Dominica
- Dependent children up to the age of 30 can be part of the same application